Ada Hegerberg has won the first Women’s Ballon d’Or.
The Lyon striker scored 15 goals to steer her club to Champions League glory.
The three-time Women’s Champions League winner, was named the world’s best female player of 2018, at a gala in Paris on Monday.
A jury of 45 journalists picked the 23-year-old Hegerberg from among 15 nominees.
She called the award “a huge step for women’s football”.
Hegerberg, who scored a tournament-record 15 goals for Lyon in the Women’s Champions League last season, also said she feels “very proud” to be the first Ballon d’Or-winning woman.
Here’s the top five for the women’s award:
1. Ada Hegerberg (Norway/Lyon)
2. Pernille Harder (Denmark/Wolfsburg)
3. Dzsenifer Maroszan (Germany/Lyon)
4. Marta (Brazil/Orlando Pride)
5. Sam Kerr (Australia/Chicago Red Stars)